Friday, August 17, 2007

Our Sanity Vacation






Keith and I dropped the kids off at Aunt Cristal's house this past weekend, and made the hour and a half trip to The Grove Park Inn (www.groveparkinn.com) in Asheville, NC. A friend of mine asked if we were going for our anniversary or a birthday, and I replied "No, for our sanity". After a long summer filled with staph infections, and trips to the emergency room, we thought we could use a couple of days away...and boy was it ever worth it! If you have never been, I would highly recommend it. The restaurants on property are absolutely amazing, and the spa is world class!
We also took some time to go whitewater rafting on the Nantahala River (www.noc.com), something I've always wanted to do. It was really a lot of fun, and not nearly as scary as I thought it would be, although two people did fall out of our raft during the last five minutes of the ride--thankfully it wasn't me or Keith!

No comments: